Did you know about these recent blessings at St. Andrew’s Church?
• At least 5 teachers stepped into weekly leadership roles—Some from among our young people—Thank You!
• Two new age-level Sunday School classes in the Children’s Department!
• A 20’s to 30’s age fellowship group getting together (Contact Collin for more info)
• 25 students at last night’s Sunday youth meeting
• Several new faces (and voices) in the chancel choir yesterday
• The start of a “Grief Share” support group for ministry to those who are grieving the death of a loved one
Join me in praising God for these recent blessings at St. Andrew’s!
For me, the most exciting part of being a pastor is seeing the people where I serve grow in their faith, discover their gifts, and step into a ministry for Christ and His Church. That is how we measure our effectiveness in fulfilling the mission Jesus gave us of making disciples (Matthew 28); when we see people cross the line of commitment and get involved in the mission and ministry. If it’s the right ministry for them, they will grow even more, and experience that amazing sense of making a difference in the world as they serve.
When someone tells me that a few years ago they did not even go to church anywhere, and now we see them here on Sundays singing God’s praises, or leading a class, or volunteering on a ministry team, or giving to support God’s work, my eyes fill with tears of gratitude to God. This is a place where lives are being changed, and this is a congregation who welcomes and encourages new folks to “belong and become.” I can’t help but praise God and look forward to the next round of “blessings!”
Thanks for who you are St. Andrew’s congregation!